Monday, August 07, 2006

Next Pub Gathering

Update 8/21/06: We will be meeting at Chili's at the 217-I5 interchange [map]. Hope to see you there!


Thursday August 24th, 4:30pm - ???. I'm leaning towards Chili's, though not sure which one. There's one at 217 & I-5, but the one I frequent is off Sunset at Bethany (just west of Murray and 217). Thursday's they have pints of microbrew for $2.50 (happy hour). They also have great food, lots of good happy hour food for $3.00.


How does this sound to everyone? Please email me and let me know if you plan on being there - and even if you don't, I need to know both ways so I can plan events that work best for everyone.

In October, Progress is planning another event like the Tech Peak they had several years ago, they are calling it a Road Show. They will be working closely with ORPUG to plan this event. From the agenda I've seen, it looks really good! I have told them while new stuff is always cool, a lot of people are still on v9, v8 and a few earlier versions - our members want to know things that can benefit them regardless of versions. I have also told them one of the main reasons for NOT upgrading to v10 is the licensing issues. Once they get an agenda finalized, they will mail out info to everyone, and I'll post it here on the blog.

Hope everyone is doing well and look forward to seeing you on August 24th!

Rich Uchytil